couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB packaging for Ubuntu
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 12:36:13 GMT
Well, the default installation requires root permissions as many paths are
accessible only as root (you did 'sudo make install', didn't you?). Also,
you do sudo apt-get install, so, the tests will be run under root
permissions. That's why I said in the README file that these tests should
be run as root (a.k.a. sudo command).

CGS