couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: dependancy tracking
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 07:40:12 GMT
On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> I think we're only talking about OTP apps (snappy, ejson/jiffy, mochiweb) here.
> Would you want those as separate packages?

Yes, preferably. To give an example, if for some reason there was a
security vulnerability in snappy, it would be great if the distro
doesn't have to go around checking which packages might package their
own snappy, and instead can just update the canonical snappy. This
goes for the other stuff, too. I should really have helped out more on
making it easier to build against system versions of these apps, but
that requires some autotools and/or Erlang foo that I really don't
have.

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1458 for snappy
two months ago.

Cheers,