couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Official roadmap, and merge procedure
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 16:45:21 GMT
Devs,

A few of us met in Dublin recently, and we discussed the project roadmap.

Key takeaways from that meeting:

1. We'd like to proposed formal time-based releases

2. Branch and hack all you like, but if you want to ship something, you
have to submit a merge request to an active release branch. Before you do
this, you should follow a test procedure. And before your request will be
accepted, it will be put through QA by the community.

Details of these proposals can be found here:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Roadmap_Process

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Merge_Procedure

Please reply back to this thread with your comments on the proposals.

(The last one needs to be fleshed out, a little...)

Thanks,