couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 11:39:59 GMT

On 4 Jun 2012, at 12:51, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
> Yes I will own this.

Cool. Thank you.

> Last Friday I ran through the build process myself to make sure I
> understand it; I have a couple hiccups in the build-couchdb bit still
> which I need to sort out still.
>
> Some questions:
>
> #1 Are we linking to this on github or doing an ASF hosted one? Any
> requirements either way?
>
> #2 We should pgp sign these. Are you able to do this or do you want me
> to build/sign?

We can sign a binary. I am happy to do so if somebody is needed. I would just need to make
sure I was clear on the build process (which I want to be anyway).
— This isn't necessary yet but I'd say it's a nice-to-have prior to 10.8 being released
(I guess this Summer).

> #3 Is there any substantive difference between Carlton & Hans' version now?

Yes.

Particularly taking about just CouchDB (rather than CouchDBX), Hans has a binary, I do not.
:-)

Hans' Couchbase/CouchDBX fork is much closer to the Couchbase HEAD. We should use it.

> #4 what happens next?

Benoit's rcouch repo has "rcouchx" which is the Mac app — this automates pulling all the
Erlang/CouchDB dependencies — it would be nice to merge this with Hans' CouchDBX.

After that it's:
A) Keeping the CouchDB binary up to date.
B) Features for CouchDBX — logging and config were mentioned.

Obviously there's this list but where's the best place to coordinate discussions of B? The
wiki, GitHub, a public Trello board, IRC?

Regards,

Carlton