couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From till <klimp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB packaging for Ubuntu
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:21:34 GMT

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 1:55 AM, Randall Leeds wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 3:24 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com (mailto:bchesneau@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 9:15 PM, till <klimpong@gmail.com (mailto:klimpong@gmail.com)>
wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I've been scratching my own itch and started building 1.2.0 for a couple Ubuntu
distributions.

> > > It's a WIP but I was wondering the following:
> > >
> > > 1) It builds – but does it work? Is the best bet to run the test suite in
futon, or is there something I could run on the command line when the package is installed?
I'd prefer the command line to include it in some sort of continuous testing without a browser.

> > > 2) Who'd have some interest in testing this?
>
> Me!
Knock yourself out:
https://launchpad.net/~till-php/+archive/couchdb/+packages

> > > 3) Which distributions are wanted – I started with karmic and lucid and had
planned to build all the way up to 12.10.

> Any active LTS makes sense, as well as the last release or two. So I
> think that's lucid, oneiric and precise?
> That's what I'd do.

So far, I've build from karmic to precise.

Till