couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From till <klimp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB packaging for Ubuntu
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 15:21:30 GMT

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM, CGS wrote:

> COUCHDB_TEST_PATH should be the same as PREFIX and/or EPREFIX from
> configure options. The rest gets this variable in front (e.g., if PREFIX
> was set to "/" at the configuration stage, then COUCHDB_TEST_PATH should be
> set to ""). E.g., few things from my installation, I have:
>
> - default.ini and local.ini in /usr/local/etc/coucdb/ and that requires:
> COUCHDB_TEST_PATH "/usr/local"
> COUCHDB_TEST_ETC_PATH "etc/couchdb"

Ok, so basically I am trying to integrate as much as possible with Ubuntu – so I set my
prefix to /usr (see github link).

COUCHDB_TEST_PATH "/usr"

> - CouchDB .beam files path in
> /usr/local/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.2.0/ebin and that requires:
> COUCHDB_TEST_PATH "/usr/local"
> COUCHDB_TEST_LIB_PATH "lib/couchdb"
> COUCHDB_TEST_EXTRA "erlang/lib"
> COUCHDB_TEST_VERSION "-1.2.0"
> COUCHDB_TEST_EBIN "ebin"

This is the path when I install my package: /usr/lib/couchdb/erlang/lib/couch-1.2.0/

> The problem may be in COUCHDB_TEST_ETAP_PATH "./tests" (preferable full
> path and not relative because the tests don't know too much about relative
> paths). Can you try to set it as a full path and execute the tests again?
> You don't need to clean anything from the previous executions.

I just did that – tests fail the same way.

I can't really tell what the cause is since the erl_crash.dump is kinda hard to read. Signal
vs. noise. :)

Till

> CGS
>

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM, till <klimpong@gmail.com (mailto:klimpong@gmail.com)>
wrote:

> > Yes, pretty much:
> > https://github.com/till/couchdb-deb/blob/master/testsuite/test.cfg
> >
> > I haven't checked in detail, but – do those lib/etc paths get prefixed
> > with COUCHDB_TEST_PATH?
> >
> > Till
> >
> > --
> > till
> > Sent with Sparrow (http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig)
> >

> > On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 3:07 PM, CGS wrote:
> >
> > > Have you modified the parameters from test.cfg to point to your CouchDB
> > > installation?
> > >
> > > CGS
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM, till <klimpong@gmail.com (mailto:klimpong@gmail.com)
(mailto: