couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 20:25:26 GMT
I am publicly taking ownership of this project, and will run point on it.

I've not contributed code to CouchDB for a while, and my free personal time is scarce, but
I am in the best position to do this work. I know Autotools and DocBook very well, and have
integrated them in the past.

On 21 Jun 2012, at 16:25, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>> This has nothing to do with docbook, we generate HTML and we can link to that in
Futon, I don't think we want to generate the Futon-docs part in docbook, but happy to be proven
wrong. I think it'd be easer to make a docs.html in futon that keeps the header and sidebar
and just shows the /_docs/... link.
> I'm probably just showing how little I know about docbook ;) (not helped by their documentation
wiki being down currently…). If this was sphinx I'd write a theme that would be applied
to all the generated html, making it easy to plug into futon (or style for other purposes).
I'm assuming we could do the same thing with docbook, though putting the generated content
in an iframe is probably quicker (and is what I've just done).

(http://daleharvey.github.com/jquery.couch.js-docs/symbols/index.html)?)