couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: So, how do we get the Mac binary on the home page?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:09:46 GMT

On Jun 8, 2012, at 10:43 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 12:37 AM, Hans J Schroeder <hs@cloudno.de> wrote:
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> Thanks for testing. For older OS X versions you should use the other build. It is
the same, but built with XCode 4.2. Apple made some significant changes from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3.

>> - Hans
>>

> So I tested the binary and noticed it was starting on the 5984 port.
>
> Which means it hanged there since I had already a version running. I
> think it would be good that a free port should be used on startup
> (what is done by rcouchx).  Except that it looks too work on latest
> osx Lion. I still need to test on the coming version and in
> particularly test if it works when sandboxed mode is enforced which
> the default in new version.
>
> Also I would feel better to have the code in the Couchdb repository.
> Binaries linked on the download pages will be considered as official
> and supported. And imo we should only consider something as official
> and supported if it's in the official source under the same license
> agreement. Like it is for the windows one.

Benoit, all great points, we should definitely look into all those
things. I also think these are not blocking for getting the current
binaries on the website (given we can define which works on which
systems, as per my last mail, and given we don't find more issues).

Once we have more people using this, we can fix all the remaining
issues. I hope you agree! :)

Cheers
Jan