couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:27:00 GMT
I've been prodding Jan's docs branch this morning. Some successes, some fails.

* I can't install xsltproc via brew (as in the docs README):

$ brew install xsltproc
Error: No available formula for xsltproc

* Regardless of that I got the docs to build, and made a PDF/bunch of html files.
* I couldn't get this to work with a make of couch itself, the build of couch crashes:

/tmp/couch $ ./bin/couchdb
Apache CouchDB 1.3.0a-7f1461e-git (LogLevel=info) is starting.
{"init terminating in do_boot",{{badmatch,{error,{bad_return,{{couch_app,start,[normal,["/tmp/couch/etc/couchdb/default.ini","/tmp/couch/etc/couchdb/local.ini"]]},{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,shutdown}},[{couch_server_sup,start_server,1,[{file,"couch_server_sup.erl"},{line,96}]},{application_master,start_it_old,4,[{file,"application_master.erl"},{line,274}]}]}}}}}},[{couch,start,0,[{file,"couch.erl"},{line,18}]},{init,start_it,1,[]},{init,start_em,1,[]}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
init terminating in do_boot ()

which I assume isn't related to docs.
* did a make clean in both docs and main dir, once I did that the docs build fails:
SEVERE: Exception
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: "{http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format}block"
is not a valid child of "fo:root"! (See position 1110:144)

I'm guessing something didn't get cleaned up correctly - I'm going to try a fresh check out
next.

Where do you want to go with this beyond having it available from futon? Like I said in Berlin
I'm happy to contribute where I can...