couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Git at Apache <...@git.apache.org>
Subject couchdb pull request: utc_id_suffix UUID algorithm
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 18:09:21 GMT
GitHub user NorthNick opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/28

    utc_id_suffix UUID algorithm

    I thought I'd follow the rough spirit of the proposed merge process for this pull request.
I'm unsure whether I should be making a pull request now, or continuing discussion on the
JIRA ticket. Please let me know if I'm doing the wrong thing.

    I'd like to propose this code to be tested and merged into the master branch.

    The associated JIRA ticket is:

    [X] The branch includes tests. JavaScript and etap tests are included.
    [X] The branch includes docs. default.ini.tpl.in documents the new utc_id_suffix algorithm.
    [X] `make distcheck` has not been tested. I don't have all the pieces needed for this,
so am hoping one of the dev team can do this final step and let me know if there are any errors.

    Note that the algorithm is as proposed in the existing patches attached to the JIRA issue,
with some extra tests. There was a proposal to use the MAC address, but the possible difficulties
with Solaris, and Bob Dionne's final JIRA comment led me to leave it out.

    Thanks for your consideration

    Nick North

    $ git pull https://github.com/NorthNick/couchdb utc_id_suffix

    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/pull/28.patch

----
commit 600f859a05355fd08db3acae5b93ea1ada49613c
Author: Nick North <North.N@gmail.com>
Date:   2012-06-24T10:38:32-07:00

    utc_id_suffix changes

----