couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs, second try
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 22:59:21 GMT
<3

On 21.06.2012, at 22:25, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:

> I am publicly taking ownership of this project, and will run point on it.
>
> I've not contributed code to CouchDB for a while, and my free personal time is scarce,
but I am in the best position to do this work. I know Autotools and DocBook very well, and
have integrated them in the past.

> On 21 Jun 2012, at 16:25, Simon Metson <simon@cloudant.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>> This has nothing to do with docbook, we generate HTML and we can link to that
in Futon, I don't think we want to generate the Futon-docs part in docbook, but happy to be
proven wrong. I think it'd be easer to make a docs.html in futon that keeps the header and
sidebar and just shows the /_docs/... link.
>> I'm probably just showing how little I know about docbook ;) (not helped by their
documentation wiki being down currently…). If this was sphinx I'd write a theme that would
be applied to all the generated html, making it easy to plug into futon (or style for other
purposes). I'm assuming we could do the same thing with docbook, though putting the generated
content in an iframe is probably quicker (and is what I've just done).

(http://daleharvey.github.com/jquery.couch.js-docs/symbols/index.html)?)