couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject replication problems
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 18:33:14 GMT

	I'm not exactly sure how to report this, so I figured I'd send a message here instead of
just keeping it to myself.

	Since I've switched from Couchbase Single to Apache CouchDB for (almost) all of my couches,
I've been hitting a couple of replication bugs that I used to experience in Couchbase Single
and Filipe eventually fixed.  The fixes seemed to have not made it to Apache CouchDB.

	I don't know exactly what happens, so I'm hoping Filipe or someone remembers enough to know
what's going on.

	Problem #1:  Replication stops.

	This happens very frequently on my laptop.  I end up killing CouchDB and watch it catch up
after it restarts.  However, it also happens on my Mac Mini at home (notable difference:
It doesn't go to sleep a couple times a day).  Last night, I discovered I was very far behind
on a replication stream on a particular database.  This was not the case for all databases.
 Restarting brought them all back.

	Problem #2:  Replication... replicates

	I've had another case where I've ended up with duplicate replication streams.  Again, restarting
puts the count back to the expected 1.  I'm not sure this causes any problems, but it might
correlate with the other.  I only notice it when I go to check status.

--
dustin sallings