couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Replicated database size
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 23:01:01 GMT
On 22 May 2012 12:26, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:

> On 17 May 2012 12:07, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm getting this behaviour on 2008R2 and plain old 2008, and all my
>> instances are running the R15B build as a service.
>>
>> Nick
>>
>> On 17 May 2012 11:00, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz> wrote:
>>
>> > Weird. What release of w2008 server is it? i'll spin one up & see if I
>> can
>> > get the same result. Is this the R15B or the R14B04 build? Presumably
>> > running as a service, right?

>> are
>> wanted
>> it

>> fine

>> can
>> > be

>> > and
>> 2010
>> > x64
>> each,

>> > vcredist_x86.exe

>> if

>> IIRC
>> the

>> > VC++

>> http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165255E7-1014-4D0A-B094-B6A430A6BFFC/vcredist_x86.exe
>> > > >

> I can confirm that, snappy definitely fails on Windows 2008 R2 server. I'm
> still downloading SDKs and dependencies to see why.
>
> A+
> Dave

Nick, here's a (very) fresh build [1], not for prod use but it
should allow you to confirm if the original issue is fixed.
It's R15B01 with static OpenSSL included, + a workaround
for the issue [2]. The check is to run depends.exe against
the snappy_nif.dll and confirm the *100d.DLL runtimes are gone.

Now I am not yet sure if the fix *cough* hack I applied
is a minimal fix or not so please just use this for testing.

You can install it alongside e.g. c:\tmp\1.2.0, tweak local.ini

    [httpd]
    port = 5985

and run the .bat file (no service reqd) without screwing your
production stuff. The same test as before is sufficient.

A+
Dave

[1]:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jeifcxpbtpo78ak/Yri8o1U6ig/snapshots/20120523