couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Cohen <cohen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: futon barfs when os is configured for certain timezones ….
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 19:26:46 GMT
Hi, thanks for the welcome!  I'm actually not in in Thailand at the moment unfortunately --
but am on a ship in the southern atlantic … down around 50 S …  My dev station is probably
one of the more time zone mobile couch installations …  I only had to wait awhile before
leaving UTC+7 to allow couch to work again although that's probably not a universal solution.
 :)  Since I'm a bit delayed in responding, I'm now I'm in the land of UTC-2 and I haven't
had any issues with the time zones between -- although I haven't had to stop and restart couch.

On Apr 9, 2012, at 11:22 AM, Jason Smith wrote:

> Hi, Nathaniel Welcome to the UTC+7 party. If you are in Bangkok or
> Thailand we should have a CouchDB meetup.
>
> I also struggle with this. I feel like it was fixed in R14B04 but then
> a regression, but I could be wrong.
>
> I set the time zone before running CouchDB from a shell.
>
>    export TZ=UTC
>
> For production deployment, I have not encountered much problems
> because servers tend to set the time zone to UTC regardless of
> location. (At least the ones I use.)
>
> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Nathaniel Cohen <ncohen@ucsd.edu> wrote:
>> Hi I ran into this issue from 2010 --
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-627
>>
>> immediately out of the gate after installing couchdb 1.2.0 … has there been any
progress to address this one?  I've been following couchdb for awhile peripherally and am
hoping to use it on an upcoming project.

>> I spent awhile trying to figure out if I had set up something wrong before I found
the true cause and changed timezones …  It makes me worried that this is the first thing
I found when trying to use couchdb …