couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dustin Sallings <dus...@spy.net>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Redux
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 16:37:29 GMT

On Apr 20, 2012, at 8:20 AM, Carlton Gibson wrote:

> I've pushed the very first version of a new version of CouchDBX to github.
>
> https://github.com/carltongibson/CouchDBX-Redux
>
> This is a fresh project since I had some difficulties getting various commits (in fact
any that I tried) from the original repo to build.
> It also made sure I was clear and let me use all the new toys (ARC etc).
>
> — I'm still not adverse to forking the old repo if that's better all-round.

	I'm not very supportive of erasing the history of the work a few of us put into getting this
here.  This seems like an entirely unnecessary step.  We have a working tool and it'd be a
huge service to the community, IMO, if we just replaced the CouchDB distribution, about text,
icons and name.

> I'll continue work on the application UI to polish it off.
> * I decided not to embed a webview but rather pass off the system's default web browser
to access Futon.
> * I haven't done any of the menu items as yet. (I only had an hour or so this afternoon.)
> * Don't close the main window. You can't (yet) reopen it. :-)

	I'd really recommend looking at the latest thing before suggesting changes.  It doesn't have
a main window, doesn't use web view, and has a pretty simple menu item (looks like this: https://skitch.com/dlsspy/8wi6d/cdbx-ui
).

--
dustin sallings