couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Redux
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:06:32 GMT

On 23 Apr 2012, at 20:02, roger.moffatt@gmail.com wrote:

> You have no idea happy an easy to install couchedb for osx would make me.
> If we can ultimately make this into an app for free distribution via the
> app store, that would be even better ... is that a remote possibility?
>
> So really this is just a note to encourage those working on couchdbx to say
> that I await it's resurrection with enthusiasm!

Good encouragement Roger! :-)

> On 20 April 2012 23:17, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz>
>>> I'll have a whack at this on & off over the weekend. It's the xcode
>>> stuff that scares me so we will make a good team :-)

How did you get on Dave?
— I didn't get to look at building the couchbase repo again yet.

>> Here it is:
>>
>> https://github.com/downloads/refuge/rcouch/rcouch-0.5.tar.gz
>>

>> http://benoitc.im/vrac/rcouchx/Screen%20Shot%202012-04-20%20at%2011.55.48%20PM.png
>>
>> see previous mail on how to build it.
>>
>> - benoît

I loked at this today. I couldn't get to run...

On 10.8 it runs afoul of the new Gatekeeper feature.
On my 10.6 box I just got an error. (32 vs 64 bit I guess.)

I will see if I can build it myself but it looks (equally with the couchbase repo) to be what
we're after.

Re. Roger's comments about the App Store:

It would be awesome to have CouchDBX in the store. As soon as I can get clear on the whole
build process I'd be happy to sign an application for this and handle submitting it.

Would it be feasible for the Apache Foundation (CouchDB Branch) to handle this instead though?
That way the new version of the app would be more secure going forward. — I'd be happy to
maintain it but ideally it wouldn't depend on any one or small group of developers.

10.8 is going to require a developer certificate signing anyhow so this question should be
addressed.

Regards,

Carlton