couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: futon barfs when os is configured for certain timezones ….
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:22:11 GMT
Hi, Nathaniel Welcome to the UTC+7 party. If you are in Bangkok or
Thailand we should have a CouchDB meetup.

I also struggle with this. I feel like it was fixed in R14B04 but then
a regression, but I could be wrong.

I set the time zone before running CouchDB from a shell.

    export TZ=UTC

For production deployment, I have not encountered much problems
because servers tend to set the time zone to UTC regardless of
location. (At least the ones I use.)

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Nathaniel Cohen <ncohen@ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Hi I ran into this issue from 2010 --

> immediately out of the gate after installing couchdb 1.2.0 … has there been any progress
to address this one?  I've been following couchdb for awhile peripherally and am hoping to
use it on an upcoming project.

> I spent awhile trying to figure out if I had set up something wrong before I found the
true cause and changed timezones …  It makes me worried that this is the first thing I
found when trying to use couchdb …

--
Iris Couch