couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: Backwards compatibility
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 13:16:04 GMT
On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 15:12, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
> I was just trying to upgrade the first of my servers to 1.2, and it
> wasn't that pretty. As I understand it, compatibility with pre-0.10.0
> databases has been dropped. However, this isn't mentioned in the
> release notes, nor in the Breaking changes. Thus, I had to downgrade
> to 1.1.1, compact a database and install 1.2.0 again. This is just a
> PITA, and it seems fairly trivial that something like this should be
> in the release notes and in the breaking changes.

Forgot to mention something I'm not sure is an issue, but should be
checked: how resistant is CouchDB against inaccessible _users or
_replicator? It seems like even _users might at some point be in an
unsupported on-disk version. I run all of my couches in Admin Party
mode so I never even look at the _users database, but it probably
wouldn't work all that well.

Cheers,

Dirkjan