couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dirkjan Ochtman <dirk...@ochtman.nl>
Subject Re: website & jira
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 14:40:36 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 16:27, Miles Fidelman
<mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:
> With all due respect and appreciation for your efforts.... marketing is one
> thing, utility is another.  While there's value to marketing, (IMHO) utility
> counts more.  We're not talking about a magazine ad, we're talking about a
> web site that people have taken some effort to find and go to - they're
> (we're) looking for information - if the information isn't there, it doesn't
> matter how pretty the site is.

I'm sure Noah agrees with you, and the information/utility value will
get added soon. However, there's also plenty of value to be found in
having a site that's easy on the eyes. Perhaps the balance swung a
little too far in the marketing direction this time, but that will get
corrected. Arguing over it on this mailing list doesn't really help at
this point -- pointing out stuff that you would like to be able to
easily access and isn't, currently, (like your MarkMail point, on
which I probably agree) does. Even better if you add notes like that
to the aforementioned wiki page.

Cheers,

Dirkjan