couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SpiderMonkey
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 17:02:33 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 6:26 AM, CGS <cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Benoit,
>
> Thanks for the fast reply. It's sad how legal stuff stays in the way of
> simplifying problems.
>
> Just another question (I am very curious today, it seems). Do other
> licenses have the same impediment? I mean, for example, BSD license.
>
> CGS

No. But its also not strictly a licensing question. There are also
distro package teams that would cry foul as well. Plus its usually not
a good idea. While it is sad that SpiderMonkey does cause us such
issues I'm not convinced that bundling our own copy would do much to
solve the issue in general.