couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Redux
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:41:44 GMT
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 11:37 AM, Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2012, at 8:20 AM, Carlton Gibson wrote:
>
>> I've pushed the very first version of a new version of CouchDBX to github.
>>
>> https://github.com/carltongibson/CouchDBX-Redux
>>
>> This is a fresh project since I had some difficulties getting various commits (in
fact any that I tried) from the original repo to build.
>> It also made sure I was clear and let me use all the new toys (ARC etc).
>>
>> — I'm still not adverse to forking the old repo if that's better all-round.
>

>        I'm not very supportive of erasing the history of the work a few of us put
into getting this here.  This seems like an entirely unnecessary step.  We have a working
tool and it'd be a huge service to the community, IMO, if we just replaced the CouchDB distribution,
about text, icons and name.

>> I'll continue work on the application UI to polish it off.
>> * I decided not to embed a webview but rather pass off the system's default web browser
to access Futon.
>> * I haven't done any of the menu items as yet. (I only had an hour or so this afternoon.)
>> * Don't close the main window. You can't (yet) reopen it. :-)
>
>        I'd really recommend looking at the latest thing before suggesting changes.
 It doesn't have a main window, doesn't use web view, and has a pretty simple menu item (looks
like this: https://skitch.com/dlsspy/8wi6d/cdbx-ui ).

Perhaps I'm blind but I can't find this anywhere. Is the code for it
on GitHub or downloadable somewhere? All I can find is the CouchDBX at
[1] that hasn't been touched in over a year.

[1] https://github.com/janl/couchdbx-app