couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: fractal tree in place of b-trees?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 14:44:13 GMT
Rudi,

Improving the view structures for the btree's is definitely a place
that we should start to look at for performance gains. The new view
indexing system should hopefully allow people to more easily play with
ideas here.

As to fractal trees I'm not quite certain. Could definitely be an
interesting thing to play with but I'm not entirely convinced by that
presentation because it appears to hide some rather important
information about CPU and RAM usage during their tests. And the fact
that Fusion IO doesn't appear to significantly impact Innodb is a bit
suspect to me. Still, an interesting idea to look into.