couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/52] [partial] git commit: Add contributed documentation from janl's couchdb-docs repository.
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:40:00 GMT
A quick glance through code shows MPL/GPL/LGPL triple-licensed files.
I know we can depend on MPL code but I have no idea if that means it
can live in the repository or not. A quick google and I can't find
anything that specifically states whether it can or can't.

I appreciate that this was developed with the intention that it'd be
contributed back to the ASF and that's the only reason I didn't
immediately veto it. But there's 500,000 lines in this commit. That's
awfully significant to throw in without warning or discussion even if
it is on a branch.

In the end, I of course defer to your judgement. I just wanted to
stress the seriousness of IP clearance on such a gigantic push.