couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:15:38 GMT
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> A bit busy right now but _history seems the exact opposite of the _rev
> -> _mvcc name change. We want to clarify that CouchDB does *not*
> provide history.

imo changing the name doesn't really fix the problem. We keep saying
it's mvc, the doc says it but still people want to try it because it's
similar to what they want. I bet that changing the name to _mvcc won't
change anything (also I'm thinking to the nightmare of migration,
havig old nodes talking with new...).

Imo we can have a more positive answer to the users. They want to have
a revision history they can use. They why not building one. If we
present one that they can use then they won't use _rev for that.

- benoƮt