couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: website & jira
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 16:04:00 GMT
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Benoît:
>
> Please don't add anything to the top navigation. The only thing I think we
> should add there is a link to the "Quick Links" section - but I already
> tried that and the auto-scrolling breaks. If you can figure out a way to
> make it not break, please add that.

Well why not about a context menu?

> Bob:
>
> We link to the documentation in the Quick Links footer. The documentation
> itself includes the API reference. I don't think there's any particular
> need to link to the API reference on the page as a special call out.
>
> Benoît:
>
> I agree that I think the text is very big, but it's the only way we could
> get it looking good with the text stretched across the whole screen.
> Perhaps the thing to do is to shorten the width of the text some how. We
> need a designer to look at it.

Why the text has to be stretched across the whole screen? It looks
good but it's actually really painful to read it.

> The links to the web interface for the mailing list are there. Click on the
> mailing list names themselves.

Hard time to figure I had to click on the link. That's not intuitive.
Also I don't find the markmail link.

> I don't think we need JIRA in the top level nav. We have it in the Quick
> Links section.

Quick link section is on the bottom. When I just want to put a ticket
I want to make it fast. That should be on top imo and really visible
for all. Its as important as "Download" is and probably more important
than the mailing lists.

- benoit