couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 17:11:08 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Bob Dionne
<dionne@dionne-associates.com> wrote:
> I kind of agree, though I think voting is neat. I'd like to think most of these features
are influenced by experiences with users in addition to internal refactoring concerns and
so forth.

> It might help for everyone to see the list of features (here's a cleaned up version I
got from BobN) [1]. As Benoit suggests, we need to sort/categorize them first before attaching
priorities.

> One thing we might think of is the areas they might be grouped in, along the line of
teams as Jan suggested at the summit.

We are actually all agree on the need to have focus points. I still
strongly disagree with this idea of team. But yes we should organize
the things in different topics.

> I'm happy to maintain this list as we drill down into the specifics, summarize email
threads, and IRC chats. Some of these, .eg. moving metadata out of the docs, could easily
require a lot of detailed discussion as they hit many areas of the code, so we should flesh
out the details.

I was thinking we could start a wiki and organize things in a table or
so . Thoughts?

- benoƮt