couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 05:26:17 GMT
On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, April 14, 2012, Joan Touzet wrote:
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who participated in the CouchDB summit in Boston this
>> week! In case you didn't know, the (25 pages!) of meeting minutes are
>> available for review at http://s.apache.org/ndI .
>>
>> Here's where we need YOUR HELP. During the summit, the participants
>> identified 38 key features we think are important for CouchDB's future.
>> Please help us RANK these ideas by visiting our All Our Ideas page:
>>
>>   http://www.allourideas.org/couchdb2012/
>>
>> All Our Ideas is a free/open source solution for voting based on
>> pairwise comparison - think Kittenwar - and is super easy to use.
>>
>> Please complete as many comparisons as you can; we'd like all the
>> feedback we can get. We'd be thrilled if each of you did at least 100
>> comparisons.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help in determining the future of Apache CouchDB!
>>
>> --
>> Joan Touzet | joant@atypical.net | wohali everywhere else
>

> also not saying that thie kind of ranking proposed by this service is odd to
> sy the less,
>
> benoît

To be more constructive, we should rather first put all the lines that
were on the dashboard, describe them and sort them by their
dependancies (some line depends on another). I can start doing that on
the wiki, but I need an access I guess.

Then eventually ask for votes, those i don't see how votes are relaled
to developer interest.  Never forget that at the end we are an
opensource project depending on the developer will. Interest from
other is still interesting but  we should distinct backend needed
changes from end user features.

- benoît