couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:17:10 GMT
On Sun, Apr 15, 2012 at 12:02 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> He's what I have so far: https://gist.github.com/2387973
>
> I think it's pretty close. Only the User-Facing section should be in
> the next vote.
>
> B.

Most is OK for me. A couple of remarks on user facing though:

1.3 : _rev renaming should be placed in another part, and maybe a
developper facing thing . Also other way to embrace it is proposing an
_history member.

3. we shouldn't talk about a specific tech. As far as I rememebr we
only talk on a distributed PKI wich openid isn't. OpenID is fine but
maybe we can put the choice of supported implementations for a next
vote?

4. maybe can be summarized as "metadata won't be exposed in the Json
Document" ? Or at least the raw document won't be edited by couch.
Some on irc for example was proposing for example to have {"_id": ...,

links/nested doc feature is missing .

I will do another round on dev facing features later.

- benoƮt