couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Redux
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:20:19 GMT
On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Carlton Gibson
<carlton.gibson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2012, at 20:02, roger.moffatt@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> You have no idea happy an easy to install couchedb for osx would make me.
>> If we can ultimately make this into an app for free distribution via the
>> app store, that would be even better ... is that a remote possibility?
>>
>> So really this is just a note to encourage those working on couchdbx to say
>> that I await it's resurrection with enthusiasm!
>
> Good encouragement Roger! :-)
>
>> On 20 April 2012 23:17, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dave@muse.net.nz>
>
> How did you get on Dave?
> — I didn't get to look at building the couchbase repo again yet.
>
>>> Here it is:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/downloads/refuge/rcouch/rcouch-0.5.tar.gz
>>>

>>> http://benoitc.im/vrac/rcouchx/Screen%20Shot%202012-04-20%20at%2011.55.48%20PM.png
>>>
>>> see previous mail on how to build it.
>>>
>>> - benoît
>
> I loked at this today. I couldn't get to run...

> On 10.8 it runs afoul of the new Gatekeeper feature.
> On my 10.6 box I just got an error. (32 vs 64 bit I guess.)
>
> I will see if I can build it myself but it looks (equally with the couchbase repo) to
be what we're after.

Try:

https://github.com/downloads/refuge/rcouch/rcouchx-0.5.2.zip

It's reported to work on 10.6/10.7 . For 10.8 it will need to change
the place where logs are saved.

> Re. Roger's comments about the App Store:
>
> It would be awesome to have CouchDBX in the store. As soon as I can get clear on the
whole build process I'd be happy to sign an application for this and handle submitting it.

> Would it be feasible for the Apache Foundation (CouchDB Branch) to handle this instead
though? That way the new version of the app would be more secure going forward. — I'd be
happy to maintain it but ideally it wouldn't depend on any one or small group of developers.

> 10.8 is going to require a developer certificate signing anyhow so this question should
be addressed.

I'va all the things for that but t will require sometimes before to
go. Probably in may.

- benoît