couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Milam <kurt.mi...@xioup.com>
Subject Re: (perceived) barriers to entry
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:19:24 GMT
Nice resource, kowsik.

A suggestion on documenting rereduce would be to describe it in terms of
standard SQL operations. Before looking at kowsik's link, I also had only a
vague idea of what rereduce was doing. Looking at the link, it appears
clear that rereduce can be used to do aggregate SQL operations like SUM()
and COUNT(), so it might make sense to include more SQL examples paired
with corollary CouchDB rereduce functions, similar to this:
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/cookbook.html#aggregate

In general, I think the CookBook for SQL Jockeys approach will be useful to
a number of experienced developers who are moving from SQL to CouchDB.
Explain things in terms of technology they're already familiar with, where
possible.

Kurt Milam