couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alon Keren <alon.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Users' Wish-list
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:24:37 GMT
Looks like @dev ate my message from yesterday. Trying again (this was also
sent to @users):

Hi everyone,

Following the excellent initiative by couch devs with the recent
feature-survey [1] [2], I figured it would be worth while to have a
permanent wish-list for just user-facing features; a place for users to put
their own ideas and feature-requests, and to vote on others'.

Such a wish-list serves two obvious purposes:
1. helping users raise awareness for their needs. I don't find JIRA
accessible or visible enough for this purpose. This would result in:
2. helping developers (and would-be developers) keep tabs on what features
the community is really missing, and which it isn't

I started a wish-list here: http://couchdbwishlist.userecho.com/. I seeded
it from Bob Newson's compilation of potential features [3], and I really
hope to see things added and voted on, and to get the ball rolling.

For those interested, some of the reasons I went with userecho:
- simple voting scheme (albeit not as informative as allourideas's)
- relatively rich text editor
- comments
- clean interface
- free (albeit as in beer)

I would more than welcome any ideas or suggestions.

Relax on,

  Alon
  (http://alon.me)

[1] http://www.allourideas.org/couchdb2012/results