couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Porta <rurd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wikipedia article cleanup
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:19:57 GMT
Any better with this:

"Apache CouchDB, commonly referred to as CouchDB, is an open source
NoSQL database that uses JSON for documents, JavaScript for MapReduce
queries, and HTTP for an API.[1] CouchDB was first released in 2005
and later became an Apache project in 2008.

Unlike in a relational database, CouchDB does not store data and
relationships in tables, but instead stores structured data as JSON
documents.

CouchDB implements a form of Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC)
in order to avoid the need to lock the database file during writes.
Conflicts are left to the user to resolve.

Other features are ACID semantics with eventual consistency,
MapReduce, incremental replication and fault-tolerance. CouchDB ships
with Futon, a web based administration console."

Jonathan Porta