couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org>
Subject Wikipedia article cleanup
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:46:42 GMT
Hey,

Does someone want to take a look at the CouchDB Wikipedia article?

The opening paragraph is terrible:

"Apache CouchDB, commonly referred to as CouchDB, is an open source
document-oriented database NoSQL database system. It could be considered
similar to MongoDB."

A document-oriented database NoSQL database system? What. We should also
not be compared to MongoDB in the first sentence. Or again, later in the
article. It should be sufficient to let CouchDB stand on its own merits.
Much like how the MongoDB article does not make constant comparisons with
CouchDB.

There are a number of factually incorrect statements that need cleaning up
too. Like the statement that Damien Katz is our lead developer. It should,
instead, be noted that he retired from our PMC. Also, IBM do not directly
financially support the project, nor do any other companies. Individual
developers are not sponsored either. The only sponsorship our project has
is listed on the ASF sponsorship page.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/thanks.html

There are a few other problems too, like outdated references to Couchbase
and UQL.

In general, there is probably a lot of love and attention someone could
pour in to this. I notice that it was updated last week to include the new
version number. So someone presumably has their eye on the article. We just
need a little bit more work putting in to it, I think.

I would do this myself, but I worry that I have a strong conflict of
interests.

Anyone calm and rational and distant enough want to take this on?

Thanks,