couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 11:25:28 GMT
Benoit,

Thanks for mentioning the "links" item, that should definitely be in the list. I'd be curious
to know what kind if usage the Basho folks have seen with that one.

I think it's a good feature but I also think it kind of runs against the grain architecturally
in couchdb. Documents now are completely independent of one another which is simple. This
forces use cases that need "links" to do so in the application layer. There are many reasons
I think of that folks would want this, building trees, graphs, SQL-like queries, navigation,
etc. so I think it's a nice feature to add, *but* I would do so in a way that doesn't change
the independence of documents, .ie. make it orthogonal, a plugin to core.

Bob