couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDBX Redux
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:20:56 GMT
Hi All,

I've pushed the very first version of a new version of CouchDBX to github.

https://github.com/carltongibson/CouchDBX-Redux

This is a fresh project since I had some difficulties getting various commits (in fact any
that I tried) from the original repo to build.
It also made sure I was clear and let me use all the new toys (ARC etc).

— I'm still not adverse to forking the old repo if that's better all-round.

I'll continue work on the application UI to polish it off.
* I decided not to embed a webview but rather pass off the system's default web browser to
access Futon.
* I haven't done any of the menu items as yet. (I only had an hour or so this afternoon.)
* Don't close the main window. You can't (yet) reopen it. :-)

This version relies on having a `homebrew` CouchDB installation.
Packaging Erlang + CouchDB is vital before we can say we've got a successor to CouchDBX, so
I'll begin thinking about that next.

Other than that, what other features do we need? (If any.)

Have a good weekend.
Carlton