couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <klaus_trai...@posteo.de>
Subject Re: Help shape the future of CouchDB: your voice needed!
Date Sun, 15 Apr 2012 18:06:57 GMT
That's great! Even just a short sentence makes it way easier to get an
idea about the particular feature.

> I think it's pretty close. Only the User-Facing section should be in
> the next vote.

For some features it might me not so clear if they really belong to the
"Developer Facing Features" section. If unsure, I'd make sure to include
a feature in the vote, while ensuring to provide an explanation that the
average CouchDB user can understand.

For example, the points five ("Move attachments out of database files")
and six ("Plugin/addon/module interface") both have definitively a high
priority for me as CouchDB user, as I'd really like to see a larger
ecosystem of third-party extensions/plugins/addons/modules/tools (yay!).

One concrete scenario for instance:

As soon as attachments don't have to be written to the database file
anymore and there's something like an attachment writer plugin module
interface, it'll be a no-brainer to use a cloud storage provider for
attachments. As a result, for me as a CouchDB user, chances will be high
that somebody has already written an accordant plugin when I have that
particular use case (like e.g. putting attachments on Amazon S3).