couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Carlton Gibson <carlton.gib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDBX Redux
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 17:56:16 GMT
Hey Dustin,

I'm not interested in erasing anything either. — I started the new repo as a proof-of-concept
to myself more than anything.

First, I had limited time and couldn't get the old repo working.

* I tried building at HEAD but Xcode complained of a missing .plist file.

	Trying to build Couchbase Server Single at HEAD:
		error: could not read data from '/Volumes/Lion/home/Dropbox/Projects/GitHub/CouchDBX/Couchbase
Server/Couchbase Server-Info.plist': The file “Couchbase Server-Info.plist” couldn’t
be opened because there is no such file.

		- First of _many_ but most of the others are due to the lack of the Erlang files.

* I tried opening an early commit but Xcode complained about missing a project.pbxproj file.

Where I was I was looking at one class and one nib file to have something running. That I've
got, and even if we do fork off the existing repo building it won't have been wasted time.

(Also, I've given up trying to fix broken Xcode projects.)

FOR ME, the hard work is all the Erlang+ CouchDB stuff that I haven't even looked at. If you
could point me to a commit that you recommend that I can checkout and build with perhaps a
quick explanation of your build process to get the Erlang/CouchDB in place I would be really
grateful.
(I'd be happy to arrange a time to chat online if that's easier for you!)

I'm only here because I want to contribute to CouchDB — I see on the homepage a missing
Mac download and I know CouchDBX got me started. — Whilst I'm learning I can get that back
on the road.
(I'd prefer to work with a build that already exists if possible.)

Kind Regards,

Carlton