couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, third round
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:03:54 GMT

On Mar 24, 2012, at 18:39 , Noah Slater wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, third round.
>
> (I am calling this the "Haters Gon Hate" release.)
>
> Changes since last round:
>
> * COUCHDB-1424 fixed, thank you Bob Dionne
> * COUCHDB-1426 fixed, thank you BenoƮt Chesneau (and Paul, and others)
> * Performance regressions fixed, thank you Robert Newson
> * R15B patch landed, thank you Jan Lehnardt
> * COUCHDB-1445 fixed, thanks Randal Leeds
>
> We encourage the whole community to download and test these
> release artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
> release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!

> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.2.0/
>

> These artifacts have been built from the following tree-ish in Git:
>
> 654768d32bae3639756c18b200582093aa51f349
>

> Please follow the test procedure before voting:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Test_procedure

+1

Details:

Signatures check out.

Mac OS X 10.7.3 64bit, Erlang R14B04, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5: make check passes, browser tests
pass in a home run.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 64bit, Erlang R15B, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5: make check passes, browser tests pass,
I had to re-run replicator_db once.

Mac OS X 10.6.8 32bit, Erlang R15B, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5: make check passes, browser tests pass.

Ubuntu 11.10 64bit, Erlang R14B02, SpiderMonkey 1.8.5: make check passes, browser tests pass,
I had to run view_compaction twice before it passed.

FreeBSD 9.0 64bit, Erlang R14B04, SpiderMonkey 1.7.0: make check passes, I had to re-run 140-replication-compact.t
once to get it to pass, browser tests pass.

Note that all but the first run in virtual machines on the first physical machine, I expect
vm-filesystem issues to be the reason for the intermittent failures in the last two results,
but I don't consider this blocking. We should look into it, though.

Cheers
Jan