couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, third round
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:59:59 GMT

On Mar 28, 2012, at 19:51 , Stefan Kögl wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I just wanted to raise some attention to the DB compaction bug discovered today

> While I initially discovered the bug with a 1.1.2 instance, this could
> also affect 1.2. I think this issue should be resolved before closing
> the vote. Filipe already provided a patch, so it shouldn't take too
> long.

Hi Stefan, thanks for bringing this up. This is just to explain the procedure.
A vote happens on a fixed package and no changes to the package can be made
during the vote. If we find a flaw significant enough to include a fix into
the release that is currently being voted on, we can abort the vote, fix,
re-package and start a new vote, like we've done before.

Cheers
Jan