couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Voting -1 on the first sign of issues (was Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 release, third round)
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:43:52 GMT

On Mar 26, 2012, at 19:34 , Sam Bisbee wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> wrote:
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Happy voting,

> I'm having issues building the artifact on a brand new, vanilla Debian
> 6.0 install (built fine on Ubuntu 11.10). It stops with the "can't
> find jsapi headers" error. Attached is my config.log.
>
> jsapi.h lives at /usr/lib/xulrunner-devel-1.9.1/include/jsapi.h as
> expected. Configuring without any parameters doesn't work either.
>
> So until I can debug this and update the wiki with any instructions,
> I'm -1 on the release.

Hey all,

I'd like to suggest that we might want to not vote -1 on the first
sign of issues.

Of course we'd like to see any error report, but I feel it'd be nice
to wait for suggestions on how to fix this, rather than voting -1 or
voting -1 with a condition and later having to retract that.

And if it turns out to be a grave error, a -1 is very much called for.

Sorry for jumping on Sam here, but this has been done before and I
assume Sam just thinks it is standard procedure :)

It might be me, but I know that tallying votes is less confusing with
definite votes.

Please disagree with me, if you think we should continue with the
current practice :)

Cheers
Jan