couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kögl <koeglste...@gmail.com>
Subject Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 11:17:17 GMT
Hello,

My experiments to replicate some live data / traffic to a CouchDB
1.2.x (running the current 1.2.x branch + the patch from [1]) that
sparked the indexing speed discussions, did also yield another
(potential) problem. First sorry for not further reporting back any
performance measurements, but I didn't yet find the time to run the
tests on my machines.

Anyway, I found the following stack traces in my log (after noticing
that some requests failed and compaction of a view stopped)

http://skoegl.net/~stefan/tmp/couchdb-1.2.x-crash.txt

The files starts at the first failed requests. Every request before
that returned a positiv (ie 2xx) status code. The crash might have
some "natural" reason (such as timeouts, lack of RAM, etc), but I'm
not sure how to interpret Erlang stack traces. Can somebody point me
in the right direction for diagnosing the problem?

Thanks,

-- Stefan

[1] http://friendpaste.com/178nPFgfyyeGf2vtNRpL0w