couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kögl <>
Subject Re: Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 18:18:25 GMT
On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Jan Lehnardt <> wrote:
> Can you tell us how you installed 1.2.x? Is it a fresh installation,
> did you do an in-place update from an earlier installation (earlier
> 1.2.x or 1.1.x or 1.0.x?

I first did a fresh install of 1.2.x using R15B. I then removed R15B,
installed R14B04 (both from source), compiled 1.2.x with the patch I
mentioned earlier, and did an in-place update.

If this is a problem, I could remove CouchDB first and do a fresh
install instead. What would be the preferred way to do a clean

-- Stefan

> On Mar 1, 2012, at 12:17 , Stefan Kögl wrote:
>> Hello,
>> My experiments to replicate some live data / traffic to a CouchDB
>> 1.2.x (running the current 1.2.x branch + the patch from [1]) that
>> sparked the indexing speed discussions, did also yield another
>> (potential) problem. First sorry for not further reporting back any
>> performance measurements, but I didn't yet find the time to run the
>> tests on my machines.
>> Anyway, I found the following stack traces in my log (after noticing
>> that some requests failed and compaction of a view stopped)
>> The files starts at the first failed requests. Every request before
>> that returned a positiv (ie 2xx) status code. The crash might have
>> some "natural" reason (such as timeouts, lack of RAM, etc), but I'm
>> not sure how to interpret Erlang stack traces. Can somebody point me
>> in the right direction for diagnosing the problem?
>> Thanks,
>> -- Stefan
>> [1]

View raw message