couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Kögl <koeglste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Crash of CouchDB 1.2.x
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 10:41:20 GMT
Hi,

I had my CouchDB 1.2.x (fb72251bc7114b07f0667867226ec9e200732dac)
crash again twice today.

The first one was while the instance was pull replicating (which
failed due to the source being unreachable), and compacting a rather
large view (from ~216G disk size to about 57G data size, if that's
relevant).

Here's the log that shows the crash

http://friendpaste.com/41Idie3gGdQRxJPEyVHpTR

After the crash the view compaction stopped, and I tried to restart it

$ curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST
http://stefan:********@localhost:5984/mygpo/_compact/users-tmp
{"error":"timeout","reason":"{gen_server,call,\n
[<0.19783.69>,\n
{start_compact,#Fun<couch_view_compactor.0.15011741>}]}"}

http://friendpaste.com/2A086gHN8dNEJHPpMkDrPO

I assume this is because deleting the .compact.view file took too
long. The compaction started anyway, though. Besides the replication,
there were no other activities on the server.

Please let me know if I can assist with debugging somehow.

-- Stefan