couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@apache.org>
Subject Experiments with Git
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 00:27:41 GMT
Hi, all.

I hope you will pardon my commits to the repository. My plan is to try
to stumble upon some useful custom or workflow. Please let me know if
you have feedback or views.

Piggybacking off of Randall's idea, I have made a branch for every
JIRA ticket that I am interested or involved in. I would personally
like to see more branching and merging in the repo--to see it look
less like a Subversion timeline.

Once 1.2 is out, I also intend to push some feature branches, with no
intention for short-term merging, just to get them out there in the
open. I hope Benoit might push up some refuge  work, or others can
exercise their branches similarly.