couchdb-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: 1.2.0 status update
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 01:59:38 GMT
On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Noah Slater <> wrote:
> Thanks Dave.
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:
>> What's the plan to move forwards here? We are damn close but a half
>> finished solution for 1426 will
>> simply mean another round. This needs more collaboration so that we
>> are not working async on this.
> I don't think we are damn close.
> We've seen hardly any progress with this issue during the week and a half
> since BenoƮt took ownership of it. That tells me that it can't be very
> important, and so I will attempt another vote tomorrow, with or without it.
> If someone, anyone, wants to land a fix for it between now and then, be my
> guest. But I will not hold the release up any longer for an issue that
> nobody can be bothered to fix.
> (Not to discredit the work already put in to it. I really appreciate that.
> Seriously, I do. But it's obviously not important enough to block the
> release any longer, or it would've been fixed already. Actions speak louder
> than words.)

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, you appear to have not been
following the issue very closely. There have been two versions of
Benoit's initial work in the last week with multiple test reports [1].
The current issue is that Dave has a machine that has a broken
configuration. We need to figure out if we want to dig deeper into
that or just assume that it's a broken configuration and thus outside
our control. Once we have a decision there we can either commit
Benoit's latest patch or fix it up to hack around that last edge case.


View raw message