couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries, round 3
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:35:21 GMT
Hi Dave,

> What do you mean by rolling update, and where do you see this?

By "rolling update" I mean install new CouchDB version without
uninstalling old one. It's quite intuitive to expect that installer
would replace old version by new one(:

> It shouldn't require a restart if you uninstall prior. How were
> you doing this? And what's your idea for improving it?

For my case it have ask me for restart  3 times: on first install, on
uninstall when I have noted that something went wrong and on second
clean install. Actually I have no ideas how this could be fixed: need
to notice was system libraries are installed or affected on. May be it
because R15B, because all previous versions was for R14, may be
because I already have erlang installed and it causes some conflicts.
Need to inspect situation more detailed, sorry for my unstructured
critics(:

> BTW do you have any results on testing  especially the pgp key was
> valid, and if any malware was present?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Windows_Binary_Releases

TrendMicro OfficeScan 10 tells me that every thing is clear, nothing
malicious or strange noticed with procmon tool.
PGP key are valid as md5/sha hashes.

--