couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries, round 3
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 19:10:41 GMT
On 25 March 2012 20:41, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> Windows 2003 R2 x86
> Chrome 16
> All tests passed (with one known exception).
> Rolling update haven't change CouchDB version (was
> 1.2.0a-0d8ddc8-git), so I have to uninstall old one and then install
> the rc to admit changes in version string. Not sure if it had updated
> correctly first time.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for testing!

What do you mean by rolling update, and where do you see this?

> Also have noted that installer stats require for system restart on
> each operation. Why? I see nothing that could require it and 1.1.1 had
> not required that while 0.9 and 0.10 was almost portable. Have used
> R15B version if it does matter.
> If this is not critical behavior, so +1, but it could be better(:

The correct approach for Windows atm is uninstall & then reinstall.

It shouldn't require a restart if you uninstall prior. How were
you doing this? And what's your idea for improving it?

BTW do you have any results on testing  especially the pgp key was
valid, and if any malware was present?

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Windows_Binary_Releases

Thanks!
Dave