couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.2.0 -- Windows Binaries
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 23:40:56 GMT
Hey folks,

We're aborting in line with the 1.2.0 source release, so I've moved
the binaries https://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/1.2.0/rc2/

Thanks very much for your testing -- this week has been chaotic with
our move to Vienna so I hope to get some proper couch time again next
week.

Dirkjan, Alex - any progress to share?

A+
Dave

On 26 February 2012 18:46, Andrew Hamilton <ahamilton@facilityone.com> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
>
>> On 24 February 2012 21:18, Andrew Hamilton <ahamilton@facilityone.com> wrote:
>>> Not sure if this the best way to show my error log, but I am attaching the test
suite results from couch.

>> Great - ideal in fact I'd not thought of this myself :-0.
>>
>>> -1
>>> Windows 7 x64
>>> Firefox 11.0
>>> signature OK
>>> md5 & sha OK
>>> No malware
>>> End-user verification OK
>>> Futon tests failed:
>>>        attachments
>>>        attachment_paths
>>>        config
>>>        cookie_auth
>>>        delayed_commits
>>>        design_docs
>>>        erlang views
>>>        invalid_docids
>>>        replicator_db
>>>        view_errors
>>
>> Looks like a combo of whitelisting not cleaning up & the same issues
>> already reported prior.
>>
>> Do you want to try same steps as Jeroen (clean up var/lib/couchdb/*
>> and any changes in local.ini, restart and run tests over LAN instead
>> of localhost with local.ini bind_address updated appropriately?
>>
>> This introduces a smidgen of latency which seems to help things.
>
> I ran the test suite again, this time from my home over a VPN to my work computer.  I
got all tests to pass except for stats, which failed with this message:

> Assertion 'triggered, "We managed to force a all_dbs_active error."' failed: We managed
to force a all_dbs_active error.

> Out of curiosity, I ran this test on localhost, and it passes just fine.  Oh, and I
forgot to mention earlier I am running the R15B version.

>> I am wondering if the issues disappear if POST _restart has a small
>> delay introduced, I'll see if there's a nice way to do this.
>>
>> BTW how fast is this box you are running it on? I'm doing everything
>> on i7 8 core or EC2 large instances. Perhaps this crops up more often
>> on low-end VMs?
>
> My machine is running a Xeon E31220 @ 3.1 GHz and 8GB of RAM.  It does seem a lot faster
than even some of the servers I have previously tested on.