couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Mac homebrew users
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 00:16:53 GMT
Hi folks,

A while ago Filipe found & documented[1] an issue with Apple's OpenSSL
implementation that causes segfaults and bus errors when running with
Erlang. This was pre-Lion but some of us are still having trouble with
it.

I've been working on improving the Homebrew recipe to accommodate this
as well as the option to install CouchDB development branch directly.

Unfortunately I haven't got it all working but the code is here [2]
and it would be great if somebody has a go at this & lets me know
what's missing.

brew update
brew remove --force erlang nspr openssl couchdb spidermonkey
## apply patch from [2]
brew install -v --64-bit openssl
brew install spidermonkey
brew install erlang