couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Nick North <nort...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchbase trademark issues
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:49:33 GMT
As a fairly new CouchDb user, I have been confused about the relationship
between CouchDb and Couchbase. For some while I was unsure whether the
Couchbase site might have a more recent version of CouchDb than the CouchDb
site did, especially as it talked about a forthcoming version 2, while
CouchDb talked about version 1.1, and it contains API docs that are
perfectly usable as CouchDb documentation.

Jan Lehnardt's Looking for Apache CouchDb
<http://www.couchbase.com/couchdb>page has done a lot to dispel that
confusion though. I don't think there is
any need for anyone to change product names, but the sort of information on
that page helps a lot to make sure people go to the right place.

Nick